2. Stain at least 2 hours n 1 % Alcian Blue 8GX.
3. Rinse briefly for a few seconds in deionized water followed by a brief rinse in 3% (v/v) acetic acid.
4. Wash in running water for a few minutes before proceeding with the PAS reaction, as outlined above.
5. After staining with either the PAS reaction or the other stains listed above, allow the slides to dry on the slide warmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Apply the mounting medium and protect the sample with a coverslip.
Permount (Sigma) works well as mounting medium but it must be thinned a little with xylene.
Was this article helpful?