• Assistance for establishing and strengthening in-house quality laboratories for testing various quality parameters
• Assistance for new product/end-use development
• Assistance for improved packaging
• Assistance for undertaking sale promotional tours and participation in international fairs
• Support for promoting branded consumer-packed ginger in identified markets abroad
• Support for organic certification for processing of ginger derivatives Imports
In fact in the international market major importers of ginger are the United States, Japan, and the United Kingdom, where an increase in imports in terms of volume and value has been recorded over the years. These countries are importing mainly from China and Thailand (ITC, 1995).
Japan accounted for the major share (58.74%) of imported ginger during 1995, followed by the United States (9.93%), Hong Kong (7.62%), Singapore (5.16%), Saudi Arabia (4.37%), the United Kingdom (4.36%), Canada (2.39%), the Netherlands (1.93%), Germany (1.25), Malaysia (0.78%), and the rest by others including India (Table 12.17). The trend in import of ginger among the countries has remained the same with little change until 2000. During 2000, Japan accounted for a 57.68% share
Was this article helpful?
This powerful tool will provide you with everything you need to know to be a success and achieve your goal of breaking into the mighty wellness arena. All the same the issue with getting hold of all that content is the huge expense. If you don't have time to compose all that content yourself, you're going to have to pay somebody to do it for you. And not only that, but if you've done outsourcing before, then you'll know that quality may often be 'questionable'.