Light 22 C/Dark 19 C
Figure 16. Growth of Cabbage (cv. Kinkei 201) transplants grown for 13 days in the closed system are greater with increasing the light period from 12 h d1 to 20 h d-1.
2) The planting density per tray area can be about 2 times, as described previously. The physical and physiological reasons for this statement will be given in a later section.
3) The production period can be reduced by about 30%, mainly due to the promotion of photosynthesis by CO2 enrichment at 800-1,000 ^mol mol-1, and control of horizontal air current over and within the transplant canopy under an optimal combination of temperature, PPF and soil-plant water relations.
4) Annual operation rate of the closed system is increased by 20% due to the shortened production period even in summer and inter.
5) Percentage of salable plants and/or sales price can increase by about 10% due to their high quality and uniform growth.
Thus, the total increase in yearly productivity per floor is higher than 7-11 folds
(=2.5 x 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.2x1.1), with the average of 10.
7. COSTS FOR HEATING, COOLING, VENTILATION AND CO2
Was this article helpful?